watch out for Imperial VS metric collets and bits. 6mm IS NOT the same as 1/4". Never try using metric bit with imperial collet or vice-versa.
Zeroing Z axis
- Install the cutting bit.
- Connect zeroing plate to the machine
- Connect alligator clip to the spindle nut
- Test connection by touching the cutting bit with the zeroing plate - in the ShopBot control panel "Input 1" should light up.
- Place the zeroing plate under the cutting bit.
- Press "Z zeroing" button on ShopBot control panel.
- Wait for the zeroing routine to complete.
- Disconnect and remove the zeroing plate from the machine.