WORK IN PROGRESS! NOT FINAL! Join us to help shape this guide by requesting gitlab access if you are staff.
Welcome to the ALAB prototyping space for creative research where we make good things happen with electricity.
There are several levels of access to this space and depending on which group you fall within, your access privileges vary.
- Department of Computing Staff
- Lab Staff
- PhD and Post Doc Researchers in Computing
- Graduate Computing Students
- Undergraduate Computing Students
- Goldsmiths Students
ALab Open Days
We have open days that are open to all students campus wide. The next open day is: [DAY HERE]
On these days everyone is welcome to come hack along side our resident makers and hackers!
[LIST OF HOURS HERE]
Inductions happen often for a range of tools: This is where we can list info about machine training
- Roland SRM20
- Ultimaker 2 and 2 Extended
- Epilog Fusion M2 Laser Cutter with fiber laser
- Shopbot Extended Desktop edition
- Jenome Sewing Machines
- Roland Vinyl cutter
- A woodworking facility with saws and drills
- and more!
Movie & Manicure night!
We hack. We watch tacky films and paint our nails with nail stencils we make on the laser cutter and stickers from the vinyl cutter. Come hangout!